Having a job in big corporate office might have its own benefits and might give you better pay(initially) and other benefits and complaints too.
Common complaints you will hear from people working for big company is that,
- Processes are slow as they need to go through multiple levels of hierarchy.
- there is not much room to grow.
- less autonomy.
- Lack of personal fulfilment.
- Have to work in specific time duration and in specific shift.
Does this complaints bother you too?
Then you should try out working in startup.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. –Steve Jobs, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO, Apple
A Startup is a human institution designed to create a new product or service under conditions of exterme uncertainity.-Eric Ries,The lean Startup
A Startup is a company designed to grow fast.Being newly founded does not in itself make a company a startup.Nor it is necessary for a startup to work on technology or take venture funding or have some sort of exit.The only essential thing is growth.Everything else we associate with startups follows from growth.-Paul Graham,Co-founder of Y-Combinator
Here are the 5 major reasons why you should work at startup:
1.Small team and More responsibility
- All startups will have small team so the bond with co-workers will be good.
- When you work in a startup,you will be given a good amount of freedom and responsibility.This will make you to learn things fast.
- With the end result of the work you will feel strong sense of ownership of the product or outcome.
- This leads to being more responsible, reliable, versatile and willing to explore so as to improve.
- In a corporate job, one is stuck in his own task and has fewer chances to branch out into other fields.In Startup,you will find lot of tasks in different topic.So you will have an opportunity to work on many domains or play different job roles.
3.Easily learn from your seniors or experts
- Getting initiated and elevating in your career can be well accomplished with startup companies. There are no specific terms and conditions for promotion when startups are considered. Promotions which help them advance their career life are accomplished when employees open up a strong performance in their job roles.
4.Your work is recognised
- In a big company,there is chance that your task or contribution to the project goes unnoticed.In a startup,everybody will involve in everyone’s task.So your hard work will be recognized by everyone in the team.You will feel more motivated to take-up more responsibility.
- Startup companies are ones which boosts you and enable you to get ready for future projects.
- Being a part of startup companies helps offers you more opportunities to be creative and work hard.
- Startup companies are places where you can play integral role in developing a product.
- There is no dress code.You can wear jeans or any casuals.
- At least one really good joke in an hour, if not then it is slow day.
- The level of exitement will be same for everyone in the startup.
- Last minute meetings and demos to customer are always part of startup.
These reasons will encourage employees to deliver good quality products and services. When an employee is happy and satisfied with his company , it reflects in his work.
Join the Forum to discuss more about jobs.