After an interview, everyone starts relaxing. However, it must be remembered, that the interview is never the end but the beginning of your journey.If you are accepted, it means the journey begins with the same people whom you interacted with.If you are rejected, it means a new journey in pursuit of a job will begin.
Here are 5 important things that you must do after every interview :
1.Note down the questions which you could not answer
- In the interview, there must have been some questions which you failed to answer.
- Jot down those questions immediately.If those are technical questions, consider revisiting your concepts.
- If those are HR or some other questions, make sure you practice them more so that you are in a better position in the next interview.
2.Send thank you notes
- Without thinking about how the interview went, just send thank you notes out to your interviewers.
- Thank them for their time, patience and for giving you an opportunity to showcase your skills in front of them.
- Remember, every connection is important in this industry.
- There must be some questions that the interviewers might have gone unanswered.
- Or, there might be some issue which is pending with them.Follow these up after an interview!
4.Prepare for another interview
- You might have given a good interview, but remember, there are many drops in an ocean.
- However good your interview goes, you can never be 100% sure that you are going to get selected.
- This is why, make sure you keep preparing for other interviews till you get the offer letter in your hands.
5.Be ready to accept rejection
- Irrespective of how your interview had gone, prepare yourself mentally for a rejection.
- Always hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst!
These are the 5 things that you must do after an interview to stay a step ahead of your competitors. Make sure you do these!