For the first time coder,it may be challenging to find which programming language to start with.With the growing demand and need in technology,bring a new programming language to exist quite often.
The basic foundation of all programming languages may have few similarities.Once you understand the basics and need of the language then you are master in it.
We have compiled basics and advantages of 9 programming languages which first time coder mustknow.
C is a general purpose programming language.Since it was developed on UNIX,C is closly associated with UNIX. This made C the natural choice for building operating systems and low-level software on computers because it allowed for easier development at near-assembly performance.
- Because it is useful to write operating systems,it is called as “System programming language”.
- C is a relatively low level language.It means that C deals with the same sort of objects that most computers do,namely numbers,addresses and characters.
- C offers only straightforward,single thread control flow constructions.
- Since C is relatively small,it can be learned quickly.And C compilers also can be easily written in couple of months.This provides high degree of language mobility.
C++ is an extension of C and was designed to allow developers to use all of the existing features of C but provides a number of extensions to support object-oriented programming techniques in an intermediate-level programming language.
- C++ is a multi-paradigm language(procedural as well as object oriented) and supports exception Handling.
- In case of C++ data is secured(hidden) is due to specific OOP feature like Data Hiding which are not present in C.
- C++ supports function overloading.Overloading means two functions having the same name in the same program. This can be done only in C++ with the help of Polymorphism(an OOP feature)
- C++ allows the use of reference variables.Reference variables allow two variable names to point to the same memory location.
“Objective-C” is based on C programming language, with lots of object-oriented features in it. It has really gained popularity with the rise of iOS.
- Its been huge boon to OOP developers since this unique language feature opens the door to the entire C/C++ ecosystem.
- Basic constructs are taken from C, but it also gives you the option of inserting C++ code directly into your source files.
- To tell the compiler to interpret your source code as either C, C++, or Objective-C, all you have to do is change the file extension to.
4.C # Sharp
C# is an object-oriented programming language derived from C++ and Java. It is a part of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Simple language with rich data types and libraries
- Suitable for building scalable, interoperable and robust applications
- Supports object-oriented programming concepts
- Supports structured programming using functions
- Fast execution and compilation time
- Runs on .NET Common Language Runtime
- Automatic memory management
- Can be integrated with windows
- Simple multithreading
JAVA is a programming language that developer use to create applications on your computer.Java also has web plugin that helps to run the apps in the browser.
- Object Oriented and platform independent
- Multithreaded – can perform many tasks simultaneously.
- Java enables high performance.
- Interpreted and dynamic.Since it is designed to adapt to an evolving environment,java is considered to be more dynamic than C or C++.
Ruby is a general purpose and interpreted programming language ,designed by Yukihiro Matsumoto, also known as Matz. It runs on a variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac OS, and the various versions of UNIX .
- Similar to Python and PERL,Ruby is server side scripting language and it is easily maintainable due its clean and easy syntax.
- Ruby has a rich set of built-in functions, which can be used directly into Ruby scripts and can be embedded into Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).
Django and Flask are used for constructing powerful websites like reddit and quora that runs on python.
Python introduces new programming constructs like generators, list comprehensions, functional programming that can help in writing elegant code.
There is very big demand for a python developer and the job roles are not restircted to one.
Advantages of Python
- Presence of third-party modules
- Extensive support libraries(NumPy for numerical calculations, Pandas for data analytics etc)
- Open source and community development
- Easy to learn and user-friendly data structures
- Dynamically typed language(No need to mention data type based on value assigned, it takes data type)
- Object-oriented language
- Portable and Interactive.Portable across Operating systems
- It is a widely used programming language for server side development.
- It is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
- PHP has been widely ported and can be deployed on most web servers on almost every operating system and platform free of charge.
- PHP defines a large array of functions in the core language and many are also available in various extensions.These functions are well documented in the online PHP documentation.
Well now let me tell you that PHP is very popular though being a bit old.
Advantage of PHP
- WordPress is open management system which uses proper PHP and the percentage of WordPress users is at boom so the demand for PHP experts is very high.
- In the IT world the word ‘scalability” is a big thing. The way “PHP” has been programmed it allows you to add or enhance your cluster size by adding servers. It gives you platform to grow more.
- A professional PHP developer can provide great services. From web development to customized application development, professionals are ready to offer the best services under budget so PHP has a long way to go.
In the frontend, it runs on the web-browser and in the backend, it runs on the web-server as NodeJS application