Every year Graduates passing out from engineering colleges are increasing.And this outcome is not directly propositinal to the job vacancies in india.So Students have be well competent enough to make them fit into varity of job roles.By learning a few technologies or skills can get you more job opportunities.
Here we have listed down almost all job profession which a Computer Science student can fit into.
- Application Development
- Business Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Content Management
- Data Base Administrator
- Data Science Specialists (Analytics or Scientist)
- Full Stack Developer
- Game Developer
- Government Job
- Information System Manager
- IT Trainer and Consultant
- Machine Learning
- Multimedia programmer
- Mobile Applications (Android or IOS) Developer
- Software Quality Assurance
Applications developers translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business.
Most specialise in a specific development field, such as mobile phone applications, accounting software, office suites or graphics software, and will have in-depth knowledge of at least one computer language which could be C,C++,Java etc.
Applications, or ‘apps’, can be written for a particular system, such as Windows or Android, or across numerous platforms, including computers and mobile devices.
Job titles and specific duties vary between organisations but the role usually involves writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and sometimes supporting applications using programming languages and development tools.
A business analyst may also be known as:
- Business architect
- Business systems analyst
- Enterprise analyst
- Management consultant
- Process analyst
- Product manager
- Product owner
- Requirements engineer
- Systems analyst
If you enjoy evaluating and analysing data, creating solutions, communicating with a variety of people and have a good grasp of information technology, a career as a business analyst could be for you.
What exactly you need to do is…
You’ll need to understand the current organisational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs, usually (but not always) in relation to information and software systems.
Both cloud computing use and demand for people who can help with cloud migrations is a boom. There are about 100 jobs chasing each qualified candidate at this point in time,
Companies that require specific cloud computing skills or development skills are typically already committed to a specific cloud provider, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
While an IT admin needs to basic cloud architecture so he can work with any kind of cloud.Docker knowledge is a highly required skill, as most cloud providers adopt this container technology.
Content management simply means running a website or a blog, or sometimes groups of websites or blogs. Some work full time, in an office, others work part-time from home. The field is quite fluid, and rapidly growing.
you must know good writing when you see it, and you must have your own ideas about the length, structure, and subject matter of the material appropriate for your site. If your text is not engaging, if it is too long, or strikes the wrong tone, visitors will not want to return
Social Media Skills
Much of your content will be marketed primarily through social media, so even if you are not the social media director, you should understand what types of articles are perceived as “shareable,” and likely to elicit engagement if posted as a link on any of the various social media platforms.
As a content manager, you’ll have access to a lot of information concerning how many people visit your sites and when and how they engage with your content. You have to be able to use that information to figure out what users like and why, so that you can make your content even more appealing in the future.
Insight on User Experiences
While the actual design of the website might be up to another member of the team, you will be in a better position than anyone else to understand the user experience and to make suggestions on how to improve that experience
5.Data Base Administrator
Database administrators are responsible for managing database security as well to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability. A database administrator may manage small or large databases, but in either case he needs a basic set of skills, and for most companies a bachelor’s degree is the minimum educational requirement.
List of skills required to become database administrators are
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of database Queries
- Knowledge of database theory
- Knowledge of database design
- Knowledge about the RDBMS itself, e.g. Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), e.g. SQL/PSM or Transact-SQL
- General understanding of distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client–server model
- General understanding of operating system, e.g. Windows or Linux
- General understanding of storage technologies and networking
- General understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a database
6.Data Science Specialists (Analytics or Scientist)
Data scientists are highly educated – 88% have at least a Master’s degree and 46% have PhDs – and while there are notable exceptions, a very strong educational background is usually required to develop the depth of knowledge necessary to be a data scientist. Their most common fields of study are Mathematics and Statistics (32%), followed by Computer Science (19%) and Engineering (16%).
Technical Skills: Computer Science
1.Python Coding – Python is the most common coding language I typically see required in data science jobs, along with Java, Perl, or C/C++.Other than Python you can learn R as well.
2.Hadoop Platform – Although this isn’t always a requirement, it is heavily preferred in many cases. Having experience with Hive or Pig is also a strong selling point. Familiarity with cloud tools such as Amazon can also be beneficial.
3.SQL Database/Coding – Even though NoSQL and Hadoop have become a large component of data science, it is still expected that a candidate will be able to write and execute complex queries in SQL.
4.Unstructured data – It is critical that a data scientist be able to work with unstructured data, whether it is from social media, video feeds or audio.
Until about a few years ago, a well-planned and perfectly functional website required just two kinds of people to be up and running: a web designer and a web developer. a full stack developer as one who can work cross-functionally on the full “stack” of technology, i.e. both the front end and back end. For full stack development, you need to understand
1.Hosting systems (the computer; the OS; and supporting services like DNS, SSH, email, and Apache)
2.Application stack (web server like Apache or IIS; relational database like Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL; and dynamic server-side web languages like Python, PHP, NodeJS, and Ruby)
Over the past few years, the full stack has become “fuller.” In simpler times, a stack was rather straightforward and consisted of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) or MEAN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS). But with the advent of tooling, cloud services, design, data, and networking, full stack developers now have to deal with a whole new ball game.
Gaming programmers help write and code the software for video games. In your job, you’ll typically be part of a collaborative creative team that includes game designers and artists. Critical thinking, problem solving, quality control analysis, judgement, decision-making, operations analysis, systems evaluation, advanced computer skills with programming languages, especially C, C++, Perl, Assembly
Everyone once wants to be a government officer, because this job fascinates us the most. But due to lake of guidance only some of us get success, so here we are providing list of government organizations which offers jobs for computer students as well as links of some websites which gives notification about government jobs.
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd. (HEC)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Vizag Steel
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC)
- National Informatics Centre (NIC)
- Center for Development of Advance Computing (CDAC)
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited(BSNL)
- All Banks has vacancy for us as PO and IT officer.
10.Information System Manager
Information systems managers, or IT managers, are responsible for the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software that is used within a wide range of public and private sector organisations. ypical employers for information systems managers
- Financial organisations
- IT companies
- Management consultancy firms
- Software companies
- Local authorities
- Central government
- Online retailers
Key skills for information systems managers
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Teamworking skills
- Organisation and time management
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Management and leadership skills
11.IT Trainer and Consultant:-
An IT consultant works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. They work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organisations.
IT consultants may be used to provide strategic guidance to clients with regard to technology, IT infrastructures and enabling major business processes through enhancements to IT.
A career as an IT trainer would suit you if you are a computer expert who excels in explaining, teaching and passing on your IT skills and knowledge You will need to show:
- Up-to-date knowledge of common IT applications and systems
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organisation and planning skills
- Training delivery and presentation skills
- Patience and confidence
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- Willingness to learn
12. Machine Learning
Machine Learning is usually associated with artificial intelligence(AI) that provides computers with the ability to do certain tasks, such as recognition, diagnosis, planning, robot control, prediction, etc., without being explicitly programmed. It focuses on the development of algorithms that can teach themselves to grow and change when exposed to new data.
In a way, the process of Machine Learning is similar to that of Data Mining. Both search through data to look for patterns. However, instead of extracting data for human comprehension — as is the case in data mining applications — machine learning uses that data to improve the program’s own understanding. Machine Learning programs detect patterns in data and adjust program actions accordingly.
Now, are you trying to understand some of the skills necessary to get a Machine Learning job? A good candidate should have a deep understanding of a broad set of algorithms and applied math, problem solving and analytical skills, probability and statistics and programming languages such as Python/C++/R/Java.
Beyond all, Machine Learning requires innate curiosity, so if you never lost the curiosity you had when you were a child, you’re a natural candidate for Machine Learning.
A multimedia programmer works with different multimedia features such as, text, sound, graphics, digital photography, 2D/3D modelling, animation and video to create products such as websites or computer programmes.
Multimedia products mainly work on the internet but can also be used in:
- Interactive television
- Information kiosks
- Computer games consoles
- Mobile phones
Programmers may come from a design or computing background, but the role demands a combination of both creative and technical skills.
You will need to show evidence of the following,
- Interactive design skills, such as user/task analysis and interface design/evaluation
- Programming skills, such as authoring, engineering and quality testing
- Understanding of layout, design and graphics
- Endless enthusiasm
- Ability to work effectively in a small project team
- Good communication skills
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to manage a complex range of tasks to meet deadlines
Employers also usually look for knowledge and experience in:
- Relevant software, such as Flash and Photoshop
- Programming languages, such as C++, Java, .NET
- Markup languages, such HTML
14.Mobile Applications (Android or IOS) Developer
Android and iOS mobile developers build, test, and deploy mobile apps. Because mobile devices like smartphones are so common these days, mobile developer jobs are in high demand. They are among the highest paying tech jobs.
Due to the ever-changing mobile ecosystem, many app developers are self-taught, although many have taken courses in computer science, and some even have masters’ degrees or PhDs in the field.
skill required to develop mobile applications is the knowledge of programming. Programming as a whole, might include several things :
- Getting hands on some commonly used programming languages like C, C++ and Java.
- Getting familiar with mobile platform Application Programming Interfaces (API) like Apple iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian.
- Learning web development languages like HTML 5 and CSS.
15.Software Quality Assurance
A software quality assurance engineer monitors every phase of the software development process and ensures that the design and software adhere to company standards. Software quality engineers work in a variety of fields. You may find them:
- Assessing whether an airplane’s control system meets required performance standards.
- Designing a plan to test potential human errors in an automated system for drug delivery.
- Using tools to track software bugs.
- Making sure a video game won’t crash just when you’re about to take out the bad guy.
Companies require software quality assurance engineers to have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in software design, engineering computer science
- An understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Working experience in software development and software quality assurance
- Knowledge of the current trends and latest advancements.