A web framework (WF) or web application framework (WAF) is a software framework that is designed to support the development of web applications including web services, web resources, and web APIs along with an objective to automate the overhead associated with common activities performed in web development.Django is an example of web framework/ full stack web development framework implemented in Python. Well known sites such as Mozilla,Instagram and Pinterest are developed using Django.
Components of Django:
Django framework can be seen as an MVC architecture
- Consists of an object-relational mapper (ORM) that mediates between data models (defined as Python classes) and a relational database (“Model”),
- System for processing HTTP requests with a web templating system (“View”), and
- Regular-expression-based URL dispatcher (“Controller”).
IDEs of Django:
Django is Python, so any Python IDE will do.Here are some,
- PyCharm: Python IDE for Professional Developers by JetBrains
- Python IDE for Eclipse
- Visual Studio Code
Advantages of Django:
- Django uses Python programming language. As a result, web applications can be created quickly
- Django is free and it’s open source
- More than 3000 packages and utilities are available for Django
- Django is extremely scalable
Here are a few of the major features,
Free API and built in template system. Django automatically generates a Python API based on your modelsin with a simple command, , no additional coding necessary.And Django’s templates are based on the inheritance system (similar to OOP). These templates allow Django to generate HTML dynamically
Easy database migrations and automatic table creation. Managing database workflow with Django’s migrations is simple and streamlined and Django has lots of options for merging versions or letting developers make modifications.The migrate command is an elegant and distinctive feature of Django that looks at all your models and automatically creates tables in your database for any that don’t exist already.
Powerful cache framework for dynamic websites. This system lets you cut down on expensive calculations by caching dynamic pages. You can cache individual pages or as per the your need.
Security features. Django has security tools to protect against XSS attacks, CSRF attacks, SQL injections, and more. It also allows you to easily enable SSL/HTTPS and host header validation.
Other helpful add-ons. Bundled add-ons include sitemaps, comments, user authentication, RSS feeds, and more. By including many of these standard features, web developers can focus on the hard parts rather than recreating standard functionality from scratch.
Best site to learn Django
• Learn Python
• Learn Python the Hard Way
• Django Girls Tutorial
• Stack Overflow – Where Developers Learn, Share, & Build Careers
Join our Forum to discuss more about Python