Learn Python and you don’t have to worry about finding a job. Python is used right from scripting to constructing large websites. There is awesome support for machine learning and data science in form of libraries like numpy, scikit-learn, pandas , mllib. Python is used in big-data / map reduce through Apache Spark. Python is first choice for scientific computing and is replacing matlab in many cases. Django and Flask are used for constructing powerful websites like reddit and quora that runs on python. Python introduces new programming constructs like generators, list comprehensions, functional programming that can help in writing elegant code.Here is a blog which gives you many explanatory reasons “Why to learn Python”.
Below link provides best Python readings collected by careerhunt.net
Some more links if you are new to Python,
- “A Byte of Python” is a free book on programming using the Python language. It serves as a tutorial or guide to the Python language for a beginner audience. If all you know about computers is how to save text files, then this is the book for you. You can find this book at below link.
- pythonspot delivers tutorial on Python which is useful for both beginner and professional developer.
- codeacademy is place where you have Online Python tutorials with practical, so easy to learn and practice.
- This tutorial is available as a short ebook. The e-book features extra content from follow-up posts on various Python best practices, all in a convenient, self-contained format.
- Dive Into Python 3 covers Python 3 and its differences from Python 2.
- This is a free sample of “Learn python 3 the Hard Way” with examples.You can have access from anywhere, and videos covering every exercise for Windows, Linux and macOS.
- pym is a book to learn Python. It targets people who are completely new to the language.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Python! exists to provide both novice and expert Python developers a best practice handbook to the installation, configuration, and usage of Python on a daily basis.
This guide is opinionated in a way that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Python’s official documentation. You won’t find a list of every Python web framework available here. Rather, you’ll find a nice concise list of highly recommended options.
- learnwithpython has great collection of book, which gives you not only basics of Python but also interesting concepts and their practical; implementatiuon.
- Python has support for functional programming. It means functions are treated as first class citizens – you can manipulate functions just like any other data type (like int, string). You can store functions in a list. Functions can be passed as parameters and can be returned from other functions. Here is more info on functional programming using python
We conducted few webinars covering these topics
- Introduction to Python
- Opportunities – Web development using Python, Automation using Python, Big Data – Spark, Data Science & Machine Learning using Python.
- Best Practices and Career Opportunities.
- Introductory classes on technologies like ML, Data Science